Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Night Upon Night (The Day I Pushed You Away)

Two and a half years ago we met
That day I will never forget
I made the mistake of not following my heart
The day came when we went our separate ways
About a year later you called just to say hey
And that was just the start
We grew closer
Night upon night we'd watch each other
Until we both fell asleep
Days went by
'Til I finally got to visit one weekend
Oh, how I never wanted that moment to end
Night upon night I fell asleep next to you
My heart was so full of happiness
All I wanted to do was let you know
Baby, never let me go
Whatever you do
I always want to be by your side
You are the only one I trust and want to confide
Night upon night after that
It wasn't long before I realized
My broken heart had started mending
My broken heart started caring
My broken heart started truly loving
The scars to my wounded heart
Started to heal
I was ready to feel
To make a brand new start
It was moving way too fast
Nothing good ever happens to me
And I realized this was too good to last
Before anything could happen
I tried to push you faster than you wanted
Unfortunately, I pushed you further away
Now I will never forget that day
Night upon night I will never forget
Night upon night I lay awake crying
My only wish is to rewrite
To rewrite history and tell you everything
But it's too late
Even though I've tried to apologize
It's a little too late
All I can do is wait
And allow my heart to agonize...
And night upon night I will never forget
The day I pushed you away

No comments:

Post a Comment